“I look for a sign. Where to go next. you never know when you’ll get one. Even the most faithless among us are waiting to be proven wrong.” ~Jillian Lauren
I know some people find it crazy that I not only believe in signs, but that I also ask for signs, look for them and acknowledge them when I think I’ve received them.
But I don’t care if people think it’s crazy. When I see a sign, I feel reassured and comforted. It makes me feel like there are other forces out there at work at all times and that it’s not all just random—because it’s not. It’s all connected somehow. We’re all connected somehow.
Signs are not always literal, but here are a few of the spelled out kind that I saw on my trip. (And one I still can’t figure out).
1. Not one, not two, but three collectible DeLorean cars. I have to start off with this because it came on my very first stop in Los Angeles, my first night there. And at the time I even acknowledged how it seemed like a culminating moment!
2. California wine tasting… As if the experience wasn’t special enough, I turned the corner to see these two signs.
3. I don’t know what this means, but I see this mustache everywhere I go. T-shirts, sweaters, necklaces and rings. A talking mustache keychain!?! It was even on this billboard in Egypt! Even Domo grew a mustache! I don’t get it!
4. Walking around during what I thought was an aimless stroll, when I saw this. Bright-red letters not to be missed, “Destiny.” Made me feel like I was exactly where I belonged at that moment and for the rest of the day I walked with more purpose in my step and a smile on my face.
5. Saw this sign outside of a shop. Naturally, I was enticed to enter and see what other words of wisdom would find me. The first thing I saw upon walking in was this little message staring right at me. “Before you can love yourself, you must forgive yourself.” I paused to let the words fully sink in. It sure felt like a sign and I wanted to remember the moment. When I asked the owner, sitting a few feet away from me, if it would be okay for me to take the picture because I believe in signs, he grinned in agreement and told me to go right ahead.
6. A Back to the Future t-shirt with a DeLorean on the front. It was my very last day of traveling when I saw it. I couldn’t help but think back to almost a month prior when I saw the DeLorean cars in L.A. I definitely think that’s your way of letting me know I am heading in the right direction, Universe. It feels like our own private joke now since we have such history with the Back to the Future references. Thanks for that. 🙂
I love finding signs. It makes me feel acknowledged, like you, Universe, are smiling down on me and usually the sign comes at a time when I need it most.